Today we closed on our house.
It was an awesome combination of relief, frustration, sadness, and excitement.
The pessimistic side of me expected something to go wrong that would result in our buyer walking away. So it was a great relief to finally sign the papers and be free and clear of that obligation and debt. Praise God that everything went smoothly.
Over the past month everyone, and I mean everyone, put their hands in our pockets and pulled some money out of the deal. But there is really nothing we can do. We don't have the time or resources to fight any of the charges that left us with next to nothing at closing. It's a blessing that we even walked away with anything.
We cant help but feel a little bit sad to see our first home be sold. We've spent the better part of our marriage at that townhouse. It was a great house (even though we really didn't like the location) and we hope that the new owner will enjoy it as much as we did.
Finally, we're so excited and content with where God has us right now. We love being downtown and everything seems to be falling into place. The basement is a little bit overwhelming right now (that's where we have placed all of the misc items) but we're making our way through everything.
I hope that you've enjoyed these updates and I'm sorry that I haven't been able to write individual messages, emails, or posts. I'll keep blogging if you keep reading.
Homeward Bound,
Jeremiah
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jer, so I'm new to the blog site, but I'm not finding anything about your new home except that you are in the city and close to the park...And what city would this be? Basement, is it a house? Is this the one that Liz had her eye on and was praying about?
Sorry about the interrogation, but you're leaving me hanging!
honja
The reality of babies and parents really hit us with Junia's presence...what an awesome adventure you have soon awaiting you guys! We're so excited to finally meet that little bun in the oven as you like to refer to her as. Fun catching up on your lives -shout out to Liz!
oops, I signed my name in the wrong spot...
Post a Comment