Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The waiting is the hardest part

I'm pretty sure that having an infant is going to be ridiculously hard but waiting for one to arrive is not awesome.

Liz's due date was yesterday. Or maybe it's Thursday (one of the other dates we were give at one point in time). Or maybe it's sometime in July?!? I've come to the conclusion that due dates are just educated guesses.

Everyday I walk into work and hear a collective, "I was hoping you wouldn't be in today." Believe me when I say that I would like nothing more than miss work to spend time getting to know my daughter and support my wife...

But it's become painfully obvious that we cannot rely on educated guesses to schedule our lives.

Please pray that Liz would be comfortable in this uncomfortable time. That we would be patient. That the labor and birth would be free of complication and problems. That our daughter would be healthy in every meaning of the word.

With great anticipation,
Jeremiah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if "waiting" will be the hardest part.

Anonymous said...

Okay, changed my mind. Waiting is the hardest part.