Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Proverbs Prayer

Solomon prayed for wisdom and it was given to him (1 Kings 3:1-15). Whenever I read or think about Proverbs I am convicted. We can learn a lot from the wisdom of Solomon but one theme seems to always hit me square between the eyes. Diligence...
This permeates every aspect of my life. I have always been a good starter but a poor finisher. Whether it's projects around the house, reading the word, or writing new posts for this blog. I always seem to fall short because I am not diligent. I do pray for wisdom. But today my prayer is for diligence.

"Lord, help me to be more diligent. Help me to finish the things I have started. Teach me your ways and your paths. Give me the strength to follow you because I know it's not easy. Too often I try and do things on my own. I want to know, hear, and follow your voice."

Blessings,
Jeremiah

1 comment:

David said...

Hey bud,
Hooray for blogging. I find myself running into the diligence thing on some things. I think I am really good at being diligent at some things (school, thesis), but it often ends up being my excuse for not being diligent at other things (prayer, service, loving my wife as well as I should). The good news is that even Solomon (or whoever) might have been diligent at some good things, but was also good at gettin' jiggy with lots and lots of women. I appreciate seeing models to emulate in the Bible that include their rather enormous flaws.